Sunday, May 18, 2014

Grain free cinnamon breakfast bar adaption

Husband's home sick today, so I thought I should get baby up and play quiet games and make breakfast. I wanted to adapt this recipe.  Quiet games with baby didn't happen (baby was squealing with joy, just the usual), but breakfast got made.  It turned out really well. Husband has requested chocolate flavour next time, and I'd like to try a cheese variety.




Ingredients

  • 6 eggs
  • 2 medium bananas
  • 4 dates, soaked in hot water then drained
  • 55-60g butter, melted
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour
  • 1 heaping tsp cinnamon (I used 2 tsp)

Method

  1. Heat oven to 160 degrees Celsius (320 Fahrenheit). Line a loaf tin. 
  2. In a food processor add eggs, bananas, butter and dates. Mix til smooth. 
  3. Add remaining ingredients. Mix again til smooth and thick. 
  4. Bake for 35 minutes or until skewer inserted comes out clean. 

Notes

If you only had one banana, increase the butter by 15 grams or so. I only used 55g because that's all that was left. If you use a larger, flatter tin cut the baking time down to about 25 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment